Reply To: book of life?

Home Forums BIBLE ~ The New Testament Revelation book of life? Reply To: book of life?

Al Roesch
Keymaster

Hey Stewart,
While it’s true and biblical that each of us are a book, “known and read of all men,” I have to disagree with you that, “the books that are to be opened represent every person.”
For me, Ellen White writes too explicitly about “the books of record in heaven” to warrant coming to the conclusion that the books aren’t literal books.
Here’s just a little bit of what she writes in Great Controversy:

“The books of record in heaven, in which the names and the deeds of men are registered, are to determine the decisions of the judgment…

“Jesus bade His disciples: “Rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.” Luke 10:20. Paul speaks of his faithful fellow workers, “whose names are in the book of life.” Philippians 4:3. Daniel, looking down to “a time of trouble, such as never was,” declares that God’s people shall be delivered, “everyone that shall be found written in the book.” And the revelator says that those only shall enter the city of God whose names “are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” Daniel 12:1; Revelation 21:27…

“Opposite each name in the books of heaven is entered with terrible exactness every wrong word, every selfish act, every unfulfilled duty, and every secret sin, with every artful dissembling…

“When any have sins remaining upon the books of record, unrepented of and unforgiven, their names will be blotted out of the book of life, and the record of their good deeds will be erased from the book of God’s remembrance. The Lord declared to Moses: “Whosoever hath sinned against Me, him will I blot out of My book.” Exodus 32:33…

“Their names stand enrolled in the book of life…

“As the features of the countenance are reproduced with unerring accuracy on the polished plate of the artist, so the character is faithfully delineated in the books above.” {Great Controversy 480-487}

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Al Roesch.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Al Roesch.