Reply To: The Bridegroom, the Bride, the New Jarusalem, and the 10 Virgins

Home Forums Prophecy Unfulfilled Prophecy The Bridegroom, the Bride, the New Jarusalem, and the 10 Virgins Reply To: The Bridegroom, the Bride, the New Jarusalem, and the 10 Virgins

Al Roesch
Keymaster

Hi again Kim,
I don’t know what you’re thinking, but you seem to be ignoring that while Ellen White in the Great Controversy does indeed say, concerning the church, “If guests, they cannot be represented also as the bride,” she at the same time, in numerous other places, also tells us that the church is represented as the bride. (I say “ignoring” because Tammy already shared with you one of the following quotes.)

“Christ honored the marriage relation by making it also a symbol of the union between Him and His redeemed ones. He Himself is the Bridegroom; THE BRIDE IS THE CHURCH.” {Ministry of Healing 356}

“Very close and sacred is the relation between Christ and His church—He the bridegroom, and THE CHURCH THE BRIDE.” {Education 268}

Clearly, though Ellen White in the Great Controversy says the church is not the bride, she in other places says it is the bride. So how do we harmonize the apparent contradiction? Well, one thing that I think sheds some light on this is the following sentence from the Great Controversy, taken from the section where she says the church is not the bride. (I’ll capitalize what I believe are the key words.)

“IN THE REVELATION the people of God are said to be the guests at the marriage supper. Revelation 19:9. If guests, they cannot be represented also as the bride.” {Great Controversy 427}

In the light of those two quotes I started out with, it seems pretty simple to me: Just because the church is not represented as the bride “in the revelation” (19:9 & 21:9, 10), that doesn’t mean she can’t be represented as the bride in other places, as those first two quotes clearly show.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Al Roesch.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Al Roesch.