Reply To: Holy Spirit His own Person or an emination from Jesus?

Home Forums The 28 Fundamental SDA Beliefs The Holy Spirit Holy Spirit His own Person or an emination from Jesus? Reply To: Holy Spirit His own Person or an emination from Jesus?

Tammy Roesch
Keymaster

Thank you for more history background, Stewart. 🙂  I knew Canright lost his way but I didn’t know it was over this.    Al and I are reading through The Desire of the Ages on Sabbaths, together….and we just happened to be in the Chapter ~ Let Not  Your Heart Be Troubled today and read this statement:

Sin could be resisted and overcome only through the mighty agency of the Third Person of the Godhead, who would come with no modified energy, but in the fullness of divine power. It is the Spirit that makes effectual what has been wrought out by the world’s Redeemer. It is by the Spirit that the heart is made pure. Through the Spirit the believer becomes a partaker of the divine nature. Christ has given His Spirit as a divine power to overcome all hereditary and cultivated tendencies to evil, and to impress His own character upon His church. { DA 671.2}

It seems as people who do not believe that the Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Godhead, will not be overcomes….it truly is a DEADLY FALSE DOCTRINE.