2 Corinthians 6:17 ~ “Come out from among them, and be ye separate.”

Home Forums BIBLE ~ The New Testament 2 Corinthians Chapter 6 2 Corinthians 6:17 ~ “Come out from among them, and be ye separate.”

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tammy Roesch
      Keymaster

Usually, when we read this verse, what is the common understanding?

Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord…  2 Corinthians 6:17.

Don’t we usually think of it in the context of people in a Sunday church who have just learned about the Sabbath, and we are encouraging them to take their stand for the Sabbath and “Come out from among them, and be ye separate.”?

I think it has a much broader application than that….this afternoon I was reading in the Review & Herald articles ~ it was an article entitled, “An Appeal to Ministers” (Seventh Day Adventist Ministers)

Of those who are constantly working to undermine faith in the message God is sending to his people, I am instructed to say, “Come out from among them, and be ye separate.” Come into the light, brethren, and lead others to the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Those who in faith accept the leadings of the Spirit of God will see where their dangers lie, and will make decided moves in the right direction. { RH July 23, 1908, par. 12 }
      There are some who have not accepted the messages God has sent, and these have sown the seeds of unbelief until tares have sprung up and multiplied. Those who themselves have a tottering faith are constantly working to weaken the faith of those who come within the reach of their influence. Those who have stood directly in the way of the work of God for the past fifteen years, are not to be sustained or given influence. { RH July 23, 1908, par. 13 }
      Now, brethren and sisters, is your time to obtain an experience that will be invaluable to you in the future. But there can be no compromise. Those who desire to be accepted as workers in the future of this cause, must advance step by step heavenward. “Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” { RH July 23, 1908, par. 14 }

To me, she makes it very clear that those ministers who are faithful should totally separate from those ministers who are not faithful….and those who are not faithful should “not be sustained or given influence.”  What does that mean, “should not be sustained or given influence.”?  I believe it means that they should not be supported by the tithe and they should not be allowed to speak or write, their influence with the people should be cut off.

Had this counsel been put into practice, the Seventh Day Adventist Church  today would not be the world-loving, abortion-condoning, compromising Church that it is.

God is not going to do a miracle and throw these worldly leaders out the door.  He doesn’t work like that.  It is up to the spiritual leaders to “Come out from among them, and be separate.”  If need be, split the church ~ a DIVORCE you might say.  Far better to split the church, and although the assets are smaller and there are fewer members, at least the spiritual leaders would be in control of their half of the church because clearly, right now and for the last nearly 50 years, the worldly leaders have been the ones calling the shots, not the spiritual leaders.  If that was not the TRUTH, then abortions would not condoned and profited from within Adventism; Evolution would not be taught in our Colleges; Homosexuals would not be allowed in leadership positions; and many, many other wicked things that are taking place everyday, wouldn’t be happening, if there was a SPLIT in the Church.  Then the members could choose ~ Do they want to belong to the world-loving, compromising Church, the PC Church, or do they want to belong to the Old-Fashioned, Bible-Spirit of Prophecy loving Church?  Right now, they have very little option as the VAST MAJORITY of the Churches are the World-Loving Churches.

I believe this would be a great solution to this horrible problem.  What are your thoughts?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Tammy Roesch.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Tammy Roesch.
      Anonymous
      Inactive

God is going to purify His church really soon… a great shaking is coming and it will be about TRUTH.  Those that accept it will continue on and those that reject it will be lost.

Tammy Roesch
        Keymaster

I agree completely, Newbie!  It is about TRUTH…  I fear more people are loyal to their CHURCH than they are to the TRUTH.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.