Promises of God

Home Forums Poetry & Song Songs For the Faithful Promises of God

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

during times of trial and persecution, we are to by faith pray the promises of God

they will give us peace and encouragement through the trial

2 Peter 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Anonymous
      Inactive

oh this is one of my favorites  💖

Jude 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Tammy Roesch
      Keymaster

My husband is very good at memorizing….he has 100’s of Bible and Spirit of Prophecy passages stored away in his memory….he writes them on little cards and laminates them…and then when he’s driving or running on the exercise machine, he memorizes them.  I have a much harder time with memorizing, I always need help with the first words…. I love the promise that God will bring back to our memory the right texts/quotes that we will need, as long as we’ve stored them there in the first place.

Anonymous
      Inactive

that’s a great one…here it is

Luke  12:11  And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: 12  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Tammy Roesch
      Keymaster

Yep!  That is it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

2 Corinthians 7:1  Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Oh yes! God equips us so that we may perfect holiness in the fear of God.

Holiness is Christ-likeness, and we are to engage in the progressive work of becoming more and more like Him.

Sabbath-keepers are equipped with a “tool” that no other professed Christians have. How so? Why so? Because the Sabbath is a call to keep a specific period of time “holy”. Week by week we have a special training opportunity!

In it we are to engage in the work of “perfecting holiness”.

One of our old writers speaks of the Sabbath this way — For the Sabbath-keeper the Sabbath “does contribute to the advance of his holiness… [and should] lift him higher with each successive recurrence.” (E.J. Waggoner.) To my mind, this relates to the concept of “perfecting holiness in the fear of the Lord”.

Hopefully this is not provocative in a negative way. Hopefully it is of use.

Tammy Roesch
        Keymaster

I never quite looked at the Sabbath that way, Stewart, but I see what you are saying…. And it’s true…keeping the Sabbath every week is PRACTICING OBEDIENCE. 🙂

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yes Tammy, “practicing obedience”. But the way is also open for us to speak in terms of “practicing holiness”… week by week we are given a wonderful opportunity to engage in that work.

The work of “perfecting holiness” is given into our hands.

Anonymous
        Inactive

“Having therefore these promises… let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit…”.

While it is true that God Himself will do the cleansing work, we should not be afraid to use the language of the Bible — With the promises of God let US cleanse OURSELVES from ALL filthiness of the flesh and spirit.

Some are very zealous to say that “we do not do it”, “we do not do it”, but in their zeal they constantly over-ride the words to Scripture.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hebews  6:12  That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Isa 26:3  Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 

note:  if you are not familiar with the KJV, when it uses words with -eth endings it means it is an ongoing thing… so one that trust in God, it is a continual trusting in Him.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Phip 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: 

Tammy Roesch
        Keymaster

I love that one, Newbie!  One of my favorites!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Psa 27:14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Tammy Roesch
        Keymaster

That is surely a timely verse for me, Newbie!  Thanks for sharing!  My mom became very ill, and last Monday I took her to the ER, and they said she has congestive heart failure and that her lungs had 30X more fluid than normal people have in their lungs.  She was drowning….I’ve been at the hospital all week….they had to move her to ICU last night…her heart is not stable….and dementia is setting in….it is a sad thing, watching your parents get old….

Anonymous
      Inactive

sorry to hear this Tammy…  my own mother died in 2006 of much the same thing… so sad to see them go downhill like that…  changes in personality too…

my dad is still alive but barely getting around…

you can put your trust in the promises of God !!

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

And once you surrender all to Jesus, His yoke is easy and light because He carries the bulk of it for us!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.